Saturday, August 30, 2014

Finally.

I wish I could believe this was finally over after nearly 2 years of fighting for it, but I know that yesterday was just one more hurdle crossed.  Yesterday, I had the horrifying experience of representing myself in court against my abusive ex-husband.  I fought for it, and I got what I asked for :: a final ruling giving me full physical and legal custody of my daughter.



I win, you bastard.







Now, I'm left with 3 more fights.  Visitation, contempt of court [over some serious b/s, and if he files, I'm not showing up for that ish] and a divorce that is still not finalized after he filed for it himself and continues to refuse to sign the papers after nearly two years.  [At this point, I'm never signing those papers anyway, hah.]

But still, had a nice laugh at him in the courtroom multiple times.  At one point even the bailiff began to laugh and had to cough to cover it up.  =D  J-E was called in to testify, and asshat was given the opportunity to cross-examine.  asshat became so angry at J-E's cool courtroom behavior that he was practically climbing across the table about to jump across the room and fight him.  One of J-E's answers was no, and asshat demanded, "YES!" and I swear at that point I thought he was going to start kirking out so hard.  It was epic.  And I have to add, I never in my wildest dreams expected to see, hear or speak seriously about an MMORPG in a flipping courtroom.  HA HA HA  =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, not sure if you will see this but I wanted to reach out and wasn't sure how to. I hope you are doing well and it would be great to catch up. You can email me at twomagnolias@outlook.com if you are interested in getting back in contact, not sure if you still have my phone number, but that would work, too. Would love to hear from you. -Hannah

    ReplyDelete